2013年7月7日星期日

Searching for my tiramisu

Checked: Passion by Gerard Dubois (Wanchai)

When Foccacia in the Miramar plaza closed, I felt like I will no longer be able to find that perfect tiramisu I was once addicted to, the smooth yet rich and fresh mascarpone cream, those layers of lady fingers sogged up in rum. 

Then I was addicted to Fiat Caffe's new approach to tiramisu in glass, freshly made with firm mascarpone cheese and espresso poured into the layers of cheese and lady fingers. And then they stop making it.

Aggravated, I start a journey to explore my next perfect tiramisu, so I came to Passion by Gerard Dubois.

It was OK, probably above average in Hong Kong, mascarpone not fresh and rich enough for me, and though it was sogged in generous amount of kahlua and coffee maybe, it was a bit too sweet and the textural and flavor balance just didn't hit my mark.

Illy coffee is just disappointing as always.

沒有留言:

發佈留言